
Last time I voted I was 18. I quit because I never was all that interested and I was summoned for Jury Duty (YUCK). I finally decided to put my name back in the voting poll this year. I am actually excited. There are so many issues I feel affect me and all of us. Even thinking about a family in the future I believe it is important for me to do what I can now. I have such a respect for those people who have a passion for our government and would like to work to be more that way. I don't think I have seen this much spirit and pride my whole life. It is a shame that as Americans we take so much for granted (believe me I am at fault too) and it has taken so much to get us motivated. It is an important time to take stock in what is going on around us- so regardless if you vote McCain, Obama or Jimmy Buffett just VOTE! I figure that if our soldiers are in a war (rather you agree with it or not) we can at least vote for the fact that they protect our freedom. If you are interested there are some great documentaries on Insight's SunDance Channel that will get you fired up and will make you want your voice to be heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment