It seems although I have not been at work I still have not had time to sit down and blog. This year and especially this holiday season has flown by. I just neaver really got a chance to sit back and take in the festive time of year like I usually do. This did not mean that I did not have a wonderful holiday with family. It was great to spend Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas Mass was beautiful and all of Anthony's aunts, uncles and most of his cousins made it into town. We had dinner out with 27 people! Far different from the 4 or 5 we usually have dinner with for my family. I was able to see my oldest friend Anthony, and both of my grandmothers as well. That is always special to me, sometimes it is difficult because my grandmother with Alzheimers loses a bit more every time I see her but she still smiles and opens her amazing blue eyes for at least a short time. Besides the great time spent with family I also had a couple of suprises under the tree this year. My husband had the biggest suprise. A car- it was just like a commercial- red bow and all. I was so suprised but he has been planning it for months. It is so pretty and I didn't realize how run down my car had become until I drove the new one. I also got a great camera, all the seasons of Fragle Rock (yes, all 20 disks and 36 hours) and my mom finished a tree skirt she has been working on for 7 years. I can't help but think how blessed I am to have all these people in my life that care about me so much. Well, I'm off to the gym for now- I can't think of any excuses not to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment