Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bubble gum medicine

I'm not dying or anything but I have to admit it has been so long since I've been sick I am being a baby right now. I have an icky sinus thing that two of my friends have had for weeks, so I know I shouldn't complain. So, instead of complaining I just want to take a walk down memory lane, to the days when being sick meant someone waited on you. I remember that amazing pink liquid bubble gum medicine- so yummy! I would even lick the cup when I finished- I know I was a strange kid. My dad's milkshakes were a cure all. There was a TV tray permanently set up next to me for as long as I was sick and anything I wanted was on it. My favorite was the basset hound puzzle. I had a special place on the couch- it had to be made up just right and I stayed there until I felt better. Augh....Those were the days.. I even feel better thinking about it!

No comments: