Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 days of Christmas


My sweet friend Caitlin has hosted the 12 days of Christmas on her blog. I had planned on linking up daily but I haven't even made it one day. So, today is the last day and I am determined to link up. It is a bit of a hodge podge day. I'm using to catch up on things I have wanted to share. Believe me it is a bit random.

  • I added ribbon to the tree this year. I added the same ribbon to the stair railing and the fireplace. It really pulls it all together and adds a pop.
  • I bought a plug in from Bath and Body Works. It is pine scented. Love it! We had real trees when I was little and it brings back memories.
  • I wrap all my gifts in brown craft paper and then use red or lime green tulle for the bows. The paper is recycled and adds a simple touch.
  • I went to a girls night last night where we decorated sugar cookies. So much fun! They are so sweet. This must become a tradition.
  • This year I mixed and matched homemade and store bought gifts. I love the outcome. Saved some money, and can't wait to give them to people.

1 comment:

cait said...

So glad you had time to link up! Great tips. Love the brown paper with colored ribbon idea. Cookie decorating sounds so fun!