
We had our first snow day today. It is the earliest I can remember having a snow day. And after today there are just four days till Christmas break. I promised myself I'd be productive if we had the day off. As I write this it is 12:51. My house is vacuumed, and 3 batches of cream candy have been made. This is the first Christmas since my grandma has passed away, so it is important that I continue on the tradition I used to do with her. We would make this together every year. It was such a special time. As tradition goes the first batch I made a couple weeks ago turned to butter and was a failure. Batches 2,3, and 4 turned out successful. Can't wait to share it with family and friends. I'd share the recipe, but it's a family secret:)
3 comments:
She would be very proud! Glad to hear I am not the only one trying to make the most of this day.
how sweet that you continued the tradition! I'm sure her sweet spirit was right there in the kitchen with you! Glad you have enjoyed your day and it's been productive! see yah tomorrow! 4 days...we can do it!
Wish I could have been there to help - you know howmuch I love giving the moral support you need to make that since everytime I attempt to make it automatically turns to butter. Love you -promise we will do cookeis together:)
Post a Comment