There are weeks where everything is normal. I get up, go to work, come home, and repeat. This was not that type of week. If you live in Kentucky you know how important this weekend was. Actually in Louisville it is a national holiday. Schools and businesses shut down early and everyone celebrates the Kentucky Derby. This is actually a couple week long celebration that starts with a firework show "Thunder Over Louisville". On Friday it was The Oaks. This is the day for the fillies to have their race. This year I went for the first time. You get all dressed up (throw some pink into your outfit for the girls), and head to the track to enjoy true Kentucky tradition. True Kentucky tradition means horses, hats, mint juleps and lillies, and of course a bit of betting. We went with dear friends and had a wonderful time. We were right on the track and were able to see the horses and races perfectly.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
It comes in spurts
There are weeks where everything is normal. I get up, go to work, come home, and repeat. This was not that type of week. If you live in Kentucky you know how important this weekend was. Actually in Louisville it is a national holiday. Schools and businesses shut down early and everyone celebrates the Kentucky Derby. This is actually a couple week long celebration that starts with a firework show "Thunder Over Louisville". On Friday it was The Oaks. This is the day for the fillies to have their race. This year I went for the first time. You get all dressed up (throw some pink into your outfit for the girls), and head to the track to enjoy true Kentucky tradition. True Kentucky tradition means horses, hats, mint juleps and lillies, and of course a bit of betting. We went with dear friends and had a wonderful time. We were right on the track and were able to see the horses and races perfectly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
glad you got to go...looks like tons of fun! I've always said I want to go at least once to oaks or the derby just to be able to wear a big, pretty hat! Y'all looked great!
Post a Comment