Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I'm on my way to work this morning. After today, only eight more working days until I get to enjoy some time with my boys. I'm a little over the moon about that fact. Everything is so crazy busy this time of year. At school I am winding down units, trying to keep kids engaged, and plan a little fun in between. At home I'm busy preparing for our annual Christmas party, along with other parties we will be attending. The trees are up, and the other night while Anthony was out I wrapped all of the gifts. Sometimes all the craziness can get to me, but I'm really trying to remember what this time of year is about.... especially with Little Man in the house.  I wish I could bottle up this time and save it. He is a 100% crawling now on all fours, no more army skating around the carpet. I pray that his personality now is a good indicator of what it will always be. He seems to love Christmas. He likes to look at his tree and touch the branches. I got out my old snow globes and he loves to look at those too. His elf on a self arrive this year too. Some may think he's too little for his own elf but every time he finds him, he always get a big grin on his face. As he was laying on my chest last night before bedtime Charlie Brown Christmas came on the TV. One of my favorites! He looked at me and got a big smile on his face. Christmas this time of year is extra special with him around, and I am so grateful that he is here.

No comments: