Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stay-cation

This is my last weekend before school starts back.  I love being a teacher, but being a mommy full time is my favorite job!  I decided I wanted this time off to end with a bang, so we decided to plan a stay-cation.  It turned out to be so much fun!  We didn't get to do everything we had planned on, but we did most of it and had so much fun.  We wore sweet Chancey out.  He was most definitely ready for bed each night.
We started out on Friday night with homemade fettuccini and ice cream.  After dinner Anthony set up the tv on the deck and we watched Cars.  Chance really doesn't watch tv (unless sports are on) so this was a treat for him.  He made it through a little under an hour before it was time for bed.

*side note:  My child has some very expressive faces.  It just so happens on this night he showed his scary faces!

On Saturday we started the day with breakfast on the patio at one of our favorite spots.  The weather was perfect for being outside.  Good thing, because after breakfast we went to the zoo.  We saw some of our favorite animals (the sea lion and bears) and then headed to see some older animals at the special dinosaur exhibit.  Chance really seemed to like the dinosaurs, especially roaring back at them.   After nap we went to the pool.  Also one of his favorites.  We didn't stay long, because the water was too cool for him.  He was not happy that we had to cut swim time short, but once the breeze kicked up he started to shiver.  I think he would be quite content to live in the water if we would let him. 

On Sunday we had plans to go to church and to take a boat tour  on the river, but Chance's allergies and the busy weekend had caught up to him.  We spent a relaxing day playing around the house, ending with a family walk.


I am already making a list of fun things we can do during the school year.  This weekend was so much fun!  There are a ton of great things to do in our own backyard!  I am so happy we took the time to explore.  



No comments: