Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stirring the Pot

It seems to me that more and more people are perking up and being more alert to our nation's politics. I have never seen this in my lifetime and I'm guessing that this is how it was more in my parents and grandparents' generation. There was a town hall meeting in Louisville on health care and the footage was amazing. The building was packed and people were passionate. In the schools on Tuesday President Obama will be addressing school kids. Parents are fired up- either for or against the idea. I won't state my political views on here but it is wonderful to see people getting off their butts and playing a more active roll in what is going on in our nation. For too long w have sat on our butts and taken advantage of the fact that we are a free nation with many privileges that others don't have. Regardless if you like Obama or not, at least he is stirring the pot!

No comments: