Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Mr. , Mrs. , or not so much
I have had this discussion with my hubby before, but for some reason (I think all the new babies around us) we have had this discussion with a few of our friends lately. I grew up with all my friends calling my parents by their first names. At the most a "Mr. Jeff" or aunt ____ now and then, depending on the company. Anyway, Anthony grew up completely different. Everything was Mr. and Mrs. While I think that is great, very respectful, I am "Mrs. Thornton" all stinkin day long- I wish I could change my name sometimes as it is. I don't think it is necessary at all. I would much rather our friends' kids call us aunt Jessie and uncle Anthony- at least if we are close. I just don't see the whole Mr and Mrs thing. Anthony argues that especially if it is a boy it should be Mr. and Mrs. and his friends agree. I don't get it. What do ya'll think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment