Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pet Peeves


So, I try to make my posts positive ones but I am just dying to blurt out, scream from the mountain tops, tell everyone I know that there are three things that are just driving me bonkers lately. First, on my way to work as I am driving down the Snyder I encounter a bunch of ding dongs who insist on staying in the left hand lane, driving well below the speed limit in order to jockey for the best place in the right hand lane of cars until they are able to get as close as they can to the exit they need to get off of. As I tell my kids: we are all going the same way- it doesn't matter where you are in line- just get there! Please see the pic below- this was on a good day with less ding dongs. If I were to try to take a picture on a bad day I fear the end result would be a wreck. Second- also something I see on the way to work. There is a sign at the U-Haul place that you can see form the road. It is bright yellow and in red letters says "We sell boxes". I hate to sound old, but I remember the day when you didn't have to pay for boxes. I can't bring myself to pay for. And finally- third: fyi for all you parents out there- do not just bail on a parent-teacher conference without calling. It makes the teacher a bit on the cranky side, especially after 3 hours of conferences. Woo! I feel better now!

No comments: