Monday, April 18, 2011
Teaching... lately
This past week I have felt my passion for teaching really kicking in. I taught a social studies unit that I absolutely loved, and enjoyed. Not that I don't enjoy teaching all the time... but this one really hit home. I should stop here and say that if you aren't a teacher this may be boring to you. The lesson was in social studies about the 20th century. I gave the kids the basic book information on important 20th century events. They then picked a topic they were most interested in to research even further. They developed a list of questions and through an inquiry based approach they researched and delved as deep as they wanted to, go whichever direction they wanted to in order to complete an end project called a glog. I am so proud of their work, and the great thing is they are as well. They were excited to go to the library to put their project together. I loved that one of my kiddos came in and asked if we were going to get to work on the projects. I loved that they learned what they needed to for the state's purposes plus what was also of interest to them. Check out their final product here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment