
I can't remember if I mentioned... I think I did... 2 weekends ago I took my kiddos to stay overnight at the zoo. It was actually a lot of fun. This weekend a few fellow teachers took their kids on the same overnight trip to the zoo. All was well until around 12am. There apparently was a cockroach invasion. Whacks and Thuds were heard all around as kids and chaperons woke up to cockroaches crawling all around. I mean all around (in clothes, sleeping bags, shoes, coats). The very thought makes me itch. There were a couple there when we were there but not to the extent that they were invading this night. The zoo lady thought my teacher friends were crazy wanting to leave. In the end they called all the parents and the principal at 12:30. The pick up went like this... principal at the front gate (if you knew my principal you would appreciate this), sleepy, cranky parents come to the gate, principal walks down the long hill to collect the kids and zoo volunteers bring them up the hill. Ugh! I can't even imagine. I won't mention that this whole trip was my and my partner teacher's idea. I was told my principal mumbled something about never again! Anyone else's skin crawling???
No comments:
Post a Comment