Saturday, May 1, 2010

A night out




Being a teacher my nights end somewhere around 10. However, I had Friday off (Oaks Day is a national holiday here in Louisville) and we had plans to go out. First Anthony and I went to an Easter Seals Charity event. This is always a fun place to people watch. Like this elderly lady, who really got down on the dance floor. I know the picture isn't the best, you have to look really closely but it is worth the look.



After that we went to a bar where a friend of ours was playing later that night. While we were waiting we found these guys to listen to. This is totally up my alley- a wide variety of acoustic music, and Anthony recorded my favorite, Steal my Kisses. They were fun to listen to and watch. They were the perfect example of a paradox. Tall white
guy, short black guy. Tall guy in jeans and tennis shoes, short guy in sandals and shorts.

Finally, before our friend's show we watched The Velcro Pygmies. Not really my style. I've never been a rock kind of girl. But they put on a good show with the rocker hair and 80s rock cover music.


All and all it was a good night. Much needed in my boring day to day life. Let the Derby festivities begin!



No comments:

Blog Archive