Friday, June 26, 2009

Veggie Gardens are good


I would like to try and persuade you to try something. I would like for you to try and plant your own vegetable garden. I have done it for 2 years now and I get so much out of it. All you need is a little bit of time and a little bit of space. It is so fun to plant simple seeds and watch them grow into something you can actually eat. It is also good for the environment. A side benefit is that you know it was not grown with pesticides (I am even considering a small compost pile next to it). Finally, it is a money saver- the seeds are cheap and grow quick. I just have a small garden in the back of my yard but it produces enough vegetables for me to eat all summer. The pic is the first round of what I picked before we left for vacation. I plan on expanding it in the fall but for now I am growing carrots, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, green beans, sugar snap peas, strawberries, and squash (I know it sounds like a lot but it really isn't).

No comments: