Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Book Look



While at the beach I had a chance to read 2 new books. The first one was the sequel to Revenge of the Kudzu Debutantes. I love sequels! The Secret Lives of the Kudzu Debutantes is a great, quick read. It picks up where the last book left off, with the 3 crazy, best friends, who are adjusting to their new lives, without the men in their lives that caused them so many problems. Now, all they have to worry about is a crazy ex mother-in-law who is set on revenge. Cathy Holton is a wonderful author, and she has several other books I am planning on checking out. The other book I read was by a new author for me.





It is called Driftwood Summer by Patti Callahan Henry. This one is about 3 sisters, who are very different. An accident involving their mother reunites them in the small beach town they grew up in. They have to work together through their troubles and to help save their family bookstore, heal old wounds, and get to know each other again. This is probably one of the most favorite ones I have read in a while.

No comments: