I found a new joy last weekend. Yard sale-ing. I never knew there could be such pleasure in such a simple task. You save money and it is a bit like a treasure hunt. I went yard sale-ing for the first time looking for a shelf for Anthony's office at work. I had great luck (although I will admit I need to work on my bargaining skills). I came away with an old dresser ($30) that I refinished for the laundry room and a shelf ($20) for Anthony. I hauled them all by myself on top of it and was pretty proud of myself. I haven't had time to work on the shelf but I finished the dresser and I love it. I wanted to take a before pic but Anthony had my camera, but I did post the after pic. Not bad for a day's work.:) This weekend there is a yard sale in my neighborhood and I can't want to see if I will find any other bargains.
*notice the bottom drawer is Gracie's- my favorite part. The whole thing reminds me of beach shabby-chic: just my style.
No comments:
Post a Comment