
and i am being so productive. I finished a great book called Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore. It is her first book, and it is a good one. I enclosed an excerpt from the book below. The book starts with Catherine Grace at a young age and details her life as a small town preacher's daughter in Ringgold GA. She is always dreaming of the "big city" life. It is really neat to see the evolution of Catherine Grace as she grows up and finds her place in the world. Don't we all wonder if the grass is greener on the other side occasionally, and most of the time don't we find out it isn't really greener after all.
"My daddy always said that if the good Lord can take the time to care for something as small as a baby sparrow nesting in a tree, then surely he could take the time to listen to a little girl in Ringgold, Georgia. So every night before I went to bed I got down on my knees and begged the Lord to find me a way out of this town. And every morning, I woke up in the same old place."
No comments:
Post a Comment