Sunday, September 5, 2010

Football etiquette


I have tons to catch you up on! Tons and tons! This was a wonderful jam packed weekend and above all else it was the very first football weekend of the season. Let's all pause to thank God that this is finally here. On Saturday UK played Uof L here in Louisville for the annual governor's cup. It was also the debut of our new coach. Last time I went to Papa Johns stadium I couldn't stand the heat. Saturday was a beautiful! Our sweet friends offered to let us ride with them since we didn't have a parking pass. From there we tailgated with them and some more of our friends.
Nothing beats tailgating, fun, and yummy food. The stadium has been renovated since last season and it was a hike to say the least to our seats. Once we were there we were surrounded by blue (mostly), and there was a great breeze. Two plays into the game we scored a touchdown. I don't think I can express to you how pumped I was to be there, in that atmosphere. It was electrifying. So, let's fast forward a bit, because I actually have a point. It's a bit of football etiquette.

First: It is not a good idea for one fan to knock out another fan. A fan, mind you from the same team. Not classy.
Next: If you don't want to hear the opposing team yell, please buy better seats so you are not surrounded by them. I am defensive of my hubby, and he gets excited about football. Not mean, not like the fans in front of us who were heckling fans from the other team, just loud and excited. So, if you tell him to calm down more than once I will nicely tell you to be quiet. People do cheer for their team. Thanks.
Yes, there were some interesting events that occurred, but what a wonderful game it was. The Wildcats won 23-16.. A great way to start the season. This weekend we will be back in our old tailgating spot, greeting all our old football friends, and cheering on the Cats. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in September!

No comments:

Blog Archive