Thursday, January 7, 2010
My Challenge to you
On Tuesday I had to make an impromptu trip to the public library to pick out lots of books for my students to do their research for feature articles. I had my list of topics in hand and ventured into the library on a very blistery afternoon. After about an hour of searching I staggered up to the counter with a massive pile of 45 books in my arms. After a bit of struggling to get them on the counter I finally succeeded. Of course I had to let the mom and son who only had one book go in front of me. Then the greatest thing happened... a sweet man came over and said that that was too many books for me to carry and he was going to help me get them out to my car. This was a huge blessing because if you remember this was an impromptu trip and I didn't have a bag or anything to carry all of these books in. So, after all the books were checked out the sweet man and I split the stack and made our way my the car. On the way I made a comment that there should be more people in the world that do things like this. He commented back that "it only takes one". This whole situation made my day, and my outlook. So... now that you have heard this sweet little story, I challenge you to be that one person and go out of your way for somebody else today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
January
(18)
- Beach Day Dreaming... Again
- Wordless Wednesday
- 2 hours and 45 minutes later
- Hide and Seek
- Lemon Basil Chicken Pasta
- In Anticipation I wait
- Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed
- My Bathroom Nuisance!
- Old to New Again (post 2)
- Old to new again- post 1 of 2
- Newest Growth Charts
- I <3 me some Aveda
- Dancing Guy
- Welcome Back
- 3 days in a month
- Snow Day
- My Challenge to you
- Wordless Monday
-
▼
January
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment