Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Old to new again- post 1 of 2

My fellow teacher and friend over at http://cait-theblessedlife.blogspot.com/ gave me the idea for this post. Another one of my hobbies is to take antique furniture and add paint, elbow grease, or stain to bring it back to life. Here are some of the pieces I have polished up. Many pieces in our house are older and some have family stories behind them. It adds a personal touch, saves money, is eco-friendly... and, I'm not gonna lie, I love to hear the hubby tell new visitors about what I re-finished when they comment on a piece.

I bought this at a yard sale for $35.00. Painted it cream and kept the knobs. It is now in our landuary room and houses odds and ends.I bought this from The Crazy Daisy for $60. I had some leftover black paint and bought the new hardware at Lowe's. the top shelf is 2 old fence post cut and painted. This is in our living room and holds our tv. Way better than anything you would buy at a store now and very sturdy too.This is a beat up old trunk that my Grandma used to store fire wood in the basement. We painted it red and added new fabric on the inside, as well as a cushion I made for the top. The trunk was free- total fix up about 20-30 dollars. This is a picture of when it first was finished, but it is now the coffee table in our living room.

I'll be sure to post my other antique finds soon. My favorites are still to come:)

No comments:

Blog Archive