Thursday, October 28, 2010

Comfort food and a "play date"

I haven't really been eating well this week, not bad, just so busy it is hard to slow down to make something. Tonight though, I stopped and took time to make something yummy. My friend and her little one came over for dinner tonight, so I actually had to serve something besides veggie straws. So, I went to a staple comfort food. This is the dish I make for babies, deaths, and on a cool day when I have someone to share it with (Anthony won't eat it, so I need other takers). The dish is chicken pot pie and it is from Paula Deen. Need I say more?

Chicken Pot Pie: (remember I always change recipes a bit to make them my own- this is my version of Paula Deen's)
1 can cream of cheddar
1 can cream of celery
1/2 cup milk
about 2 chicken breasts
1/2 onion
1 bag mixed veggies

Boil chicken. When chicken is done mix together the cream of celery, cream of cheddar, and milk. Put on heat and bring to a boil. Then add veggies and chicken (shredded). Add pepper to taste. Put filling in a deep pie crust and cover with another crust. Cook at 350 for 40 minutes.

And that would have been good on its own, but we had great company too. Gracie and Bella played and they were so cute together. Bella is such a good baby and Gracie enjoyed playing with her while Alisha and I chatted.

2 comments:

cait said...

yummm...love pot pie! Love the new background!

Alisha McWhorter said...

What a fun, and yummy, play date it was! Bella and I had a great time.

Blog Archive