Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Halloween lights
If you've been reading for awhile you know that from time to time I like to give my opinion. So here it is. My opinion. For what it's worth. Probably not a lot. I love Christmas. I love the decorations, I love the Christmas trees, I love the stockings, I love the lights. What I don't love is decorating for Halloween with lights. When did this start to happen? Now Halloween decorations consist of orange glowing lights. Orange isn't even a pretty color. And then there's the bat lights that blink on and off. Why do you want bats on your house? What happened to the traditional Halloween decoration scarecrows, pumpkins, and ghosts? I feel like Halloween is kind of starting to take away from the Christmas season. I hope I don't offend you if you are one of those people who has the orange glowing lights outside your doorstep. Maybe you have a sweet pea who insists that you decorate with them or maybe you just like the color orange but this girl is going to stick with pumpkins and scarecrow for her Halloween decorations. Save the lights for Christmas, let them glow white in the pretty snow. Sounds like a good idea to me. Just a heads up I'll probably be on here around Christmas time telling you how much I hate the stupid blowup decorations that people put in their yard. Maybe I'm just too much of an old-fashioned kind of girl. What do you think Halloween lights or not so much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
October
(20)
- Classics
- Comfort food and a "play date"
- Wordless Wednesday
- Blessings Box
- Waiting patiently... really
- Swooning on Zac Brown
- My computer is fixed
- French Lick
- 29ish
- What I've been working on
- My new philosophy
- The paintings!
- I'm back!!!
- I'm MIA, let me explain
- Show us your kitchen
- ListyLou
- It feels so good
- Girls Night IN
- Wordless Wednesday
- Halloween lights
-
▼
October
(20)
No comments:
Post a Comment