Friday, March 18, 2011

Home


Today I took a personal day. Because of Miss L and my busy work schedule I haven't had a day off to get my hair done recently. My hairdresser is back home in my home town. It's funny because even though I haven't lived there for several years I still call it home. There are certain places there that I just love going to. For instance my hairdresser. I love her little shop and feel so cozy when I'm there. I had her son in preschool when he was three years old, he's going to be a freshman in high school next year. I also went to my favorite garden nurseries. This place hands-down has the best flowers vegetables and anything else garden related that I have ever seen. We went there first thing this morning and was so nice to just stroll around smell all the great smells, and enjoy the quiet. I go there every year to get my plants for the yard. Another place I love is the private owned bookstore in my home town. We didn't make it there today but I'm already pondering when I'll be able to go back and enjoy strolling through the books. It's this huge bookstore with an amazing children's section and a yummy little café. You could spend all day getting lost in the stacks of books. And I'm thinking while I'm there at the bookstore next time I'll have to stop by my favorite little Garden Café. It's in an old house and has an amazing garden outside, cute little rooms, and yummy food. I'm not usually a desert out type of person but I would not pass up dessert at this restaurant for anything. So yes my home is an hour away from where I grew up and I love my new home, but there's just something about my special places in my hometown that can't be bet by anything I have found where I'm at now.

1 comment:

dianne said...

I am glad you had a good time and I wish it wasn't an hour away. we will definitely have to figure out a time for Joseph Beth's and the Garden Cafe. I just loved that I got to spend the day with you... I miss those!
Love, Mom