Sunday, March 6, 2011

A touch of new, old stuff


My dining room is the room in the house I love the most. The table, chairs, and buffet was my grandmother's. When spring hits I like to spruce up the house in some little way. This year while I was at Pottery barn I found these sweet napkins and fun basket. I'm not sure if you can tell but the napkins all have different patterns in the same color scheme.

The basket has 6 dividers in it.

When I saw the basket I immediately thought of the old blue mason jars my Grandma had laying around her house when I was little. I had recently seen blue mason jars at my favorite antique store and knew they would be perfect in the basket.

I love the shabby chic look of the dining room right now. The blend of old and new are perfect for my style!

*Special note- I typically only window shop at Pottery Barn for ideas because they are a wee bit pricey. The basket and napkins were already on sale and then they were an additional 15% off. In this case it was a good deal!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

It looks great Jess! I love it! I am in the same mode here - hopefully will have it finished by the 18th for you to see! Miss you this weekend.
Love,
Mom