I was listening to yesterday's Today Show. That sounds kind of funny yesterday's Today Show. Anyway. They were saying that in a certain amount of years there would be an enormous amount of people on earth. Because of that the UN is looking into bug's potential to serve as a food source. They explained that lots of cultures survived on them and that bugs provide lots of protein and good fat. Basically what they are looking for is ways to have a bug farm. I can just picture the bug farm with the bugs grazing on poo and then being shipped off to a local slaughterhouse to be cleaned and prepared for delivery in a local Kroger store . I'm a pretty open minded person when it comes to food minus red meat and pork but I'm not sure I can do the whole bug thing. I guess it would come down to if there's no other options- yes I would probably eat a bug. I wouldn't want to though. Imagine: I stopped at my local Kroger picked up some bugs and seasoning salt and heading home to make dinner... not really sure. What would you think if bugs became part of the American diet would you go for it?
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Bug-licious
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
November
(22)
- Just a note
- 14 days
- Tons of ornaments
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Another project
- Blessing Box- More fostering news
- The holiday card
- Miscellany monday- in a holiday sense
- If only the weekends were longer
- An update:
- An old saying
- Wordless Wednesday
- Bug-licious
- Shutterfly
- Miscellany monday
- Math sucks
- On a roll... and loving it
- Busy painting
- Restless
- Wordless Wednesday
- What I did last week
- Burr it's cold in here
-
▼
November
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment