Monday, November 1, 2010
Burr it's cold in here
Fall has finally reached Louisville. The mornings are cool and brisk and afternoons only get up to around 60. I love all that there is about to fall. All but one thing. Waking up in the morning. I get up at 5:30 or before and it is really difficult to want to move from bed when the air around you is cold, when the night sky is still upon you and all you want to do is snuggle underneath the covers. This time of year I have to set my alarm three times. Once to wake me up, the second time to give me a warning, and the third time to get my butt out of bed. The problem is by the time the second alarm goes off I have decided that I could spend another 10 min. in bed and forgo the third alarm. It's like a game that I play. How many times can I set the alarm, how late can I set the alarm for before I will be late to work. Usually I guess just right, but there are those mornings where I'm walking in the door with the students. It is what it is and I can't help that. This morning I set my alarm for five o'clock 5:10 and 5:15. I finally drug myself out of bed at 5:20. And that was before I had to get my hooded sweatshirt and big warm socks on underneath the covers. This morning I will probably be late. This morning I do not have time to fix breakfast. But those extra 5 min. under the covers were totally worth it. Hope you have a warm and cozy fall day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
November
(22)
- Just a note
- 14 days
- Tons of ornaments
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Another project
- Blessing Box- More fostering news
- The holiday card
- Miscellany monday- in a holiday sense
- If only the weekends were longer
- An update:
- An old saying
- Wordless Wednesday
- Bug-licious
- Shutterfly
- Miscellany monday
- Math sucks
- On a roll... and loving it
- Busy painting
- Restless
- Wordless Wednesday
- What I did last week
- Burr it's cold in here
-
▼
November
(22)
2 comments:
I totally play this identical game! :) And I sit up in bed for at least 5 minutes each night pondering what various times I will sit the alarms for! haha! Enjoy sleeping in in the morning...pure bliss!!
I know exactly how you feel! There is something about the warmth of the covers and the darkness of night that makes you just want to stay right where you are. I truthfully believe that we should start school later in the winter at least until it is daylight - it would definitely be easier on all of us:)
Post a Comment