Monday, February 15, 2010

We are married...

We aren't really mushy people around here and so we had planned a simple Valentine's day: church, relaxing on the couch, a yummy dinner at home (I made him steak, and homemade mashed potatoes), and then a trip to Starbucks. Our plans changed a bit though. Last weekend our priest called and explained that the Bishop was coming to church to do a special "World Marriage Day service". He wanted us to be a part of several couples who would stand up and represent marriage and diversity in our church, No big deal. Right? Besides you can't say no o your priest. So, our day began with our regular Sunday breakfast, then off to church. We found out once we got there that we would be renewing our vows... not what we had planned, but nonetheless a special morning.


Here is a picture after we left church- we looked very different from our wedding day 4 years ago (note the lovely zit that has decided to take up residence on my forehead). But I digress again. I'm glad the morning took the turn that it did. Sometimes the days that don't go as planned are some of the best.


Here is a picture of our original Valentine's Day plan. I love my orchid and Starbucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a nice day even though it wasn't planned!

cait said...

how sweet! glad you had a good day! :)

Blog Archive