I'm getting the urge to do some sort of home improvement. Since we built our house I can't do a lot. Since moving in though I have managed to come up with the following projects: landscaping the back yard, helped tile the kitchen black splash, helped put chair rail in the dining room, painted the living room, fining room and powder room. So, now i am thinking I want to paint the guest bathroom white. I have wanted to paint a room white for a while. I wish it could be the kitchen, but it won't look right in this kitchen. Anyway- I digress. I know white is a boring color- something that my grandma calls the only true color to paint walls (whatever that means) but I have decided it have several good features to it. 1. You can add color in fabrics and knick knacks 2. It allows for the use of different patterns to be used. 3. you can be more bold in accent choices. and 4. it is done in lots of beach house pictures I have seen. Here are some inspiration pictures. I hopefully will get around to this on Sunday. I will take a before and after picture and share with you.

1 comment:
I agree! I like the idea of simple colored walls. Our living room is a bright green which I used to love, but then after living in it a while, I realized I did it backwards. If the walls were more neutral, I could do more with the accents of the room. Good luck! Looking forward to the pics.
Post a Comment