Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Visit Update

We met our social worker today and we really like her. She is very sweet, loves our pets (always a plus for us), and shared some things with us that made me feel super comfortable with her. I feel like she is someone I could be friends with (not sure if that is allowed in this process)... Anyway, everything went well, and we have a list of things to work on before our second (and last) home visit, which we already scheduled for next week. After that we just wait for reports to be written (our social worker has to write a 12 page report on us, I couldn't write a 12 page report on us!), and red tape to be gone through. And hopefully in a couple of months we will be approved! Here is my to do list:
  • fire extinguisher
  • carbon minoxide detector
  • childproof cabinets with cleaning products
  • lockbox for medication
  • copy of Gracie's vaccinations
  • carseat
  • crib or pack n play (something for a baby to sleep in) a pack n play (I'm not even sure if that is how you spell that) would be temporary
I have already marked the bottom 2 off the list because we have SO many amazing friends who have offered to help, and let us use their things! 5 friends have offered up their things just tonight. My mom is getting the copy of Gracie's vaccinations too. We LOVE that we have this much support and are so blessed. I really need to tell this social worker that I could have an hour notice and still have everything I need ready to go, with all my friends, family, and of course my slight OCD! A quick trip to Wal-mart will finish my job for now though.

1 comment:

cait said...

Yay, I'm so glad to hear it went well! It is amazing that you have the support you need! How fun that in no time you could be welcoming a little blessing(s) into your home! Hope the pets are ready! Boone would go into shock I'm afraid. ;)

Blog Archive