Monday, July 26, 2010

Miscellany monday

  • Our next and last home visit is Tuesday! Our house is now child proofed, fire extinguish ready, and car seat prepared. Ha! So funny, considering there is no kid here yet. On top of that we both keep forgetting that the cabinet locks are there and end up jerking the cabinet to no avail.
  • I have become addicted, I mean seriously addicted to the show Weeds on Showtime. I found the seasons on Showtime On demand after a friend was telling me about it. I just started watching it a couple weeks ago, and I am already on season 5.
  • My priest had a really good message at church. It was all about how we need to simply need to ask God. We have no problem asking our friends and family to pray for us, but sometimes we forget to ask who is most important.
  • School is 2 weeks away. I am now turning over to teacher mode and am ready to get my plan book filled. My room is ready, but there is still so much to do. I'm even kicking into my nerdy research gear with a new education book.
  • I finally went to the farmer's market by my house. It starts out small at the beginning of the year, but it seems to have kicked up a bit. I came our with basil, green beans, and zucchini. I'm headed out to my garden too, so I should have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies this week.
  • P90X has kicked my butt, since I've gotten back from vacation. Thanks to Anthony who has been my workout partner. I can't wuss out when he is right there with me.

8 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Praying for a great home visit! I'm laughing about the cabinet locks....I know how that is. :)

Great and true advice from your priest. Thank you for sharing. It's so true. How often do I pick up the phone to call someone for advice, when I should really be down on my knees in prayer?

Blessings to you.

Rachel

Summer said...

Yay on home visit and child proofing, I had to LOL at the cabinet child proofing the hubs and I do that all the time and um we got the childproof for the toilet and um let me tell ya it was mommy proof to and I thought well I wasn't gonna make it Hahhahaha

What great and true advice from your priest

It is almost hard to believe it is time for school again...

xoxo
Summer

mle said...

I'm certain cabinet locks keep more adults out than kids - lol

In denial about school starting - still looking for a suit...

Fresh summer produce sounds yummy!

Thanks for the prayer reminder!

happy monday

Heather said...

That P90x is brutal! I was too wimpy for it!

OH and those cabinet locks-they always get me too! I'm starting to get used to them:-)

BARBIE said...

Trusting your home visit will go well. Oh yes, the dreaded cabinet locks. I loved the day when we got to take them all off!

I have never seen "Weeds". Might have to check it out.

Why is it that we do not "ask" God more for what we need, when the Bible clearly says, "ASK and you shall receive"?

I hope you accomplish all you have to before school starts!

Happy Monday!

Krissy said...

Hope you have a great home visit! I'll keep you in my thoughts!


Visiting from Monday Miscellany! Hope you can stop by ours as well!

http://theartsymom.tk

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

found you thru Carissa's blog.

LOVE your misc. today. Born and raised in Kentucky but LOVE the beach, huh?

I hear Kentucky is beautiful. I'm a born and raised California girl. I think I take the beach for granted.

Nice to meet you!

cait said...

Hope you all don't lost patient with those child locks! ha! that would drive me crazy! I think some of your research "nerdness" as you say needs to rub off on me...that's not a fave of mine. I'm going to miss being on a team with you, too! It's def. going to be an adjustment to just work with 3 other people for planning. Way to go on the P90X. That's an amazing workout...but so tough! Keep it up!

Blog Archive