Jamaican Jerk Rub
1/3 cup chives
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons coriander
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
* Combine and mix all these ingredients together. Store in airtight container.
* Alright y'all I know this is a large amount of spices, but I just made a big trip to Walmart (ugh I loathe Walmart) and it was pretty cheap, plus the recipe calls for all dried ingredients but I have some fresh in my herb garden so I used those (why use dried when you can use fresh)
Now the reason you just did all of that is to make this (or you could just use the rub, whatever floats your boat)
Jamaican Jerk Raspberry Chicken
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 medium Vidalia onion (diced)
1/4ish jar raspberry preserves
1 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk rub
1 tablespoon EVO
2 tablespoons red wine
1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and saute until tender. Stir in preserves, rub, and oil. Cook stirring often until preserves are melted. Stir in wine and vinegar. bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add lemon juice.
*Now it says to use this as a marinade for the chicken on the grill, but I just added the chicken to the mixture on the stovetop and cooked it there.
*I also hate red wine, don't have any and didn't want to be wasteful, so I just used a blush.
*I also hate red wine, don't have any and didn't want to be wasteful, so I just used a blush.
Like I said it takes a bit of time up front but all the rub is all ready to go, and the next time it will go much faster. I was thinking you could also do this in the oven. I love playing around with recipes and making them my own. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment