Yesterday when Anthony got home from his golf tournament we went to a local baby store to purchase a crib. Originally we had planned on not getting a crib until we got a call for a baby, but then my friends clued me in on the fact that it can take anywhere from 6-14 weeks to order a crib. That on top of the fact that this particular store was having a sale that was hard to pass up. The lady who helped us actually had fostered for 11 years. It was nice to hear her viewpoint. It's funny how many people do this that you never even realize. In the end we settled on this crib (which they did had in stock) for a great price- $199.

While we were there we had a few euphonies:
- Well $199 if you purchased a mattress- then we got to the mattresses that were almost as much as the crib. Who knew?
- This whole process seems surreal. Anthony kept on saying, "well if we don't use it we can take it back". And I kept on explaining, that there is no way we wouldn't need it. This goes up to a twin bed. It was a bit like the Abbot and Costello who's on first routine. I think he won't really get it until we actually get a call. Besides the fact that when I got home and checked out the receipt there are no returns on furniture.
- Best question of the day from my sweet hubby "do you have to buy the bedding separately"... I don't know much, but I do know this!
3 comments:
I LOVE IT! And I love his silly comments too. So glad you guys went out and did this, and I know it makes it all so much more real for you. He'll get it when there is a little one to go with the bed. =) Time is approaching!
I love this crib. I wish I had gotten the convertible kind when my kids where little. This is such an exciting time for you both. Your husband's comments are precious.
Wow, I bet it was so surreal! Guys are so funny. That's great that you all were able to do this together though...one more step closer! :)
Post a Comment