1. She made cream candy every Christmas, and she taught me how to make it. Now every Christmas I carry on the tradition.
2. She is a proud southern woman.
3. She would sit at the head of the table (that is now my table) for family meals and "hold court", always the last to finish eating, but never really eating that much.
4. She is independent (that means stubborn as a mule)!
5. Every Easter she would make this horrible coconut cake with jelly beans on top. Nobody liked it, and yet every Easter there was still a coconut cake.
6. She had the most beautiful pink and white rose bushes, that I would get to pick flowers from in the summer to take home with me.
7. When I was younger we would have family get togethers often on the weekends, we would have dinner and play Rook. She was always my oldest uncle's partner, and she would make him so mad. It was great.
8. She had 3 boys. Enough said.
9. She hummed all the time.
10. When I was little we played Little House on the Prairie, because she had the perfect yard for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment