Monday, August 9, 2010

Miscellany monday


Back at work today, but can't pass up on a Miscellany Monday.

1. I went to Victoria's Secret today to check out their bathing suits. There were 2 little girls there (like 9 or 10 years old) by themselves, trying on suits. WHAT?!?! I mean, I'm not a mom but should a 9 year old be wearing a string bikini from VS? Hope not, because I will be a very uncool mom when my daughter asks for one.

2. Did you know there is politics in schools, with teachers, administration, the board, etc. It is actually ridiculous. There are days I would be happy just interacting with the kids.

3. I bought the furinator, for Gracie and Phoebe. It is amazing and totally worth the money. I totally recommend it!

4. I really wanted to mark "painting the master bathroom" off my summer list. So Saturday am I got up and painted it. I feel better, and it only took a couple of hours so that I could run errands afterwards. I would post pics but it is the same color (pretty much). The only difference is it isn't crappy builder's paint.

5. I got an eggplant from Farmer's Market. They are just so pretty. Now, saying that, I also should tell you I have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have a healthy eggplant recipe.

* As you read this I am probably at work, in a meeting, please feel sorry for me. I am not a good sitter!

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

Yes, I know about politics in the classrooms. I totally agree its ridiculous! I hope this year is a wonderful one for you. As for the bathroom that is a great accomplishment. It's always nice to see fresh paint on walls. Have a fabulous week!
~blessings
Dorcas
http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

BARBIE said...

That is so sad about those little girls being in Victoria Secrets. I have to steer clear of that place when I am with my kids. The window dressings alone are too much for me.

Glad you got the bathroom painting. Feels good to accomplish those "To Dos".

I am so sorry you are having to work today!

Blessings!

Blog Archive