Saturday, August 21, 2010

My first full week back

My first full week as a 5th grade teacher has been a whirlwind of management strategies (this is a noisy crew), PowerPoints (the only way I can keep with this math program), and sore feet (still can't adjust to my wedges). In saying this I also must say I am loving the challenge. I feel like I am actually using skills I haven't pulled out in awhile. So, while I am sitting here taking a break from yet another PowerPoint I am ok with that. It is totally worth it when a 5th grade boy tells you that you are awesome, or your girls from last year run to meet you and chat on the playground. Please remind me of this when I have hit my wall and can take no more wedges, PowerPoints, and may just want to scream "BE QUIET" instead of using my management techniques. I'm sure this positive outlook will continue, as long as I get my occasional naps, workouts, and some free time to myself (this morning I woke up at 6:30 but took a nap at 9:00 till 11:00 and last night we went to Wicks for pizza and Woodchuck with a friend).

2 comments:

Dianne said...

You are always up for a good challenge no matter how difficult it is. Hang in there.
Mom

Dianne said...

As far as the sore feet go I think a nice pedicure is in order. Just say the time and we will go!
Love,
Mom

Blog Archive