Last night bible study started up again. This time around it is done in home. I decided to start a group at my house. There are 8 of us, all in our late 20s or early 30s and I love it. It is so nice to get the group together for the study, and of course the fellowship. Last night we decided to work through the first day together. It brought a couple things to light for me that I thought I'd share. First, I'm Catholic. And I love it, but since I started the studies I have realized that I don't know the bible like I should. I've felt a little bad about that, but the good news is I'm not alone. The second thing that was brought to light last night is how we pray. One of my sweet friends brought up the fact that when her and her hubby pray they make a point to pray for all the little things in life that they are grateful for (down to their bed and the food on the table). In my mind I know that we should give thanks for all the good things, and I have gotten much better at that. But honestly (since we are being honest here)... before all these crazy fertility issues I just wasn't there. I took for granted all the amazing people and things God placed in my life, without stopping to thank Him. I feel I have learned so much from my experiences and am now at a point where I am completely grateful for all those things and thank Him daily. My world had to be shaken up a bit, but I'm there. I think for some people it takes that experience to become aware, for others it comes naturally. Either way, it is a good place to be.
Not only this, but we also rejoice in sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance. and endurance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us
Romans5: 3-5
1 comment:
Oh Jessie I love this post! Love how you shared your heart! It is so amazing what we can look back on and see that God taught us in our trials that we had no clue He was teaching us while we were amidst it. Amazing! Hope your Bible Study goes well!
Post a Comment