I’ve missed the past couple of Kelly’s Korner show us your life posts. I will have to post about last week’s sometime soon, because it would be fun to share- it is your engagement story. Anyway, this week is show us your activity ideas for kids. Right up my alley, being a teacher. I love to take the time to do things with my students outside of school, and you could easily convert these ideas to your own children with a few modifications.
1. Bake/cook: I did an after school cooking club this year and it was so fun! The kids love to dig in and help, along with the fact that it is great for math, and nutrition.
2. Picnic: I have an annual back to school picnic with my students. I bring the recess bucket, cookies, and drinks – instant easy picnic.
3. Theme days: crate a theme, for example sports day or Olympics- do different activities for the day that relate to the theme.
4. Painting: This is my favorite. Get a couple of cheap canvases and paint (real paint- it makes them feel grown up) . Sit down with your own canvas and paint with them. There has been some great conversation that has come out of this time, and some very creative works of art.
5. Book Club: Even if it is just you and your kiddo pick a book to read and meet to discuss. You could also do activities that go along with the book. Even young ones can do this, and they love the opportunity to do something grown up. See this post to find out more about my book club. I love my summer book club and plan on making it a routine.
1 comment:
I have a 3rd grader so I appreciate your ideas! They are great! Thank you!
Post a Comment