Monday, June 14, 2010

miscellany monday


My head is full of randomness today so this works out perfectly.

  • It has been crazy hot this week.
  • I am trying a new recipe each week for bible study. This week I tried spicy shrimp wraps. I found the recipe at my favorite site- www.coastalliving.com . It is super easy and very tasty. I'll post the recipe if they are a hit at bible study.
  • I made the first purchase for our future foster/adopt kiddo- it is small and required for our home visit, but it made me happy.
  • I killed part of our grass in the front yard, trying to get rid of weeds with weed and feed. Crap! Now we have strips of brown grass- awesome.
  • Vaca is so close I can smell it.
  • I watched 2 of our friends' babies this week- and they made it out with no bumps, bruises, or scratches.
  • My friend Ashley is helping me out with my etsy site tomorrow- I think I need it, I know nothing.
  • I bought new sheets this weekend and a fan. Sad but I'm excited.
  • I get my hair cut and colored on Tuesday- it so needs it. I'll post a before and after. My roots are a bit scary.
  • Gracie has a vet appointment on Tuesday, since we will be in Georgetown anyway. I LOVE her vet and therefore drive an hour 1 time a year (I'm not sure if she is a fan, but we had a horrible experience up here and I am traumatized). side note: I also love my hairdresser in Lexington so much I still drive an hour and a half to get me hair done.
  • I am having a hard time finding a new bathing suit. I refuse to pay so much for such little fabric!
  • Finally, I'm excited to see some of my students tomorrow at our first summer book club meeting.

No comments:

Blog Archive