I (remember Anthony has to make up a class- ha) am officially finished with the state foster classes and beach bound as we speak! Woo Hoo! This class went fairly quickly and we even got out an hour early. Our friends’ social worker actually came to do part of the training and I fell in love with her. We haven’t been assigned a social worker yet, and I am hoping we will get her. She has been doing this for 15 years and is the type of person who is honest, but shares the good and the bad equally- no sugar coating it, which I appreciate. She reminds me of a seasoned teacher, she knows the system isn’t perfect, but she loves working for the kids, and you can tell she is passionate about her job. She shared some helpful tips. The thing she said that stuck with me the most was being a foster parent is emotional. The 1st, 2nd, and sometimes even 5th kid end up back home, but if you stick with the program you will end up with a forever child. I’ve thought about that a bit. Yes, our goal is adoption (different from the state’s goal of reunification), but I know that everything happens for a reason and when the perfect child (or children) is put into our lives it will be forever. I hope that if that forever child isn’t the 1st or 2nd or 5th child placed with us that we are able to have a positive impact on that kiddo for the time we have them.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
June
(34)
- Wordless Wednesday
- The Sand Dollar
- Miscellany monday
- Sunrise on the beach comes early, but it's worth it
- MIL in the house
- Show us your kids activities
- Another Blog Giveaway
- Friday Vacay updates
- Dare to Care
- Wordless Wednesday
- Our day in Savannah
- Church Picnic
- Just a taste
- Miscellany monday
- Last Class!!!
- Spicy Shrimp Wraps
- My cat
- Apron Giveaway at Woodchips
- Wordless Wednesday
- My Book Club
- miscellany monday
- Busy, busy, busy
- 1 more left!!
- On Friday I went into my classroom to start to pul...
- The origin of Graciejess
- Wordless Wednesday
- Back at Bible Study
- Celeb look alike??
- Class number 3 and 2 more to go
- Those were the days
- Show us your life
- Sketto bites
- Why I adore my students
- My randomness
-
▼
June
(34)
No comments:
Post a Comment