Friday, June 4, 2010

Show us your life

Today on Kelly's Corner is Show us your random acts of kindness ideas. I love random acts of kindness. I feel it is so important! What is that commercial on tv? The one that has people doing small random acts of kindness and then someone sees them and then they do something nice. So sweet and it makes me tear up a bit. On a side note, did you know there is an ap on your i phone and a website all devoted to random acts of kindness? Anyway... here are some of my favorites.

5. Instill random acts of kindness in children. I have my students write a group random act of kindness letter weekly to someone in the building who is working hard, or has done something nice for them.
4. Bake a homemade yummy treat to share with others. I like to attach a Bible verse.
3. Do something small, don't tell them, there is no need for credit- it is simply the fact that you did it.
2. If you are a Starbucks junkie like I can be in the winter, pick up an extra coffee for a friend.
1. Listen. I know this isn't a big thing, but sometimes we are in such a rush we forget that simply listening can mean more than anything you could buy or do for someone.

3 comments:

cait said...

I had no idea about the iphone app! Very neat! I like your random acts of kindess ideas. Love doing the simple things that mean so much to others.

We missed you today at lunch! Glad you were able to have some time to catch up, though! Enjoy your weekend!

Alisha McWhorter said...

So true Jessie. I am going to have to check out that ap too!

Unknown said...

What a terrific list!

You've given me inspiration for new ways to show random acts of kindness.

Blog Archive