Monday, June 28, 2010

Miscellany monday

Thank goodness it is Miscellany monday because I really am recovering from my slow pace of life from the beach. Here we go:
  1. I miss the beach- I want to bottle it and bring it home with me. There is a little girl in my class for the past 2 years who visits the on spring break and brings me back a bag of sand and sea shells. Love her heart.
  2. As we finish our basement the new debate is pergo floors or carpet. I vote pergo, the hubby wants carpet. Carpet= stains and allergies. He says carpet will "soften the basement since it isn't a walkout"... what?!?
  3. I love football, I absolutely can not wait till that day in September!
  4. I am not ready to go back to school. I know I still have a little over a month but every time I think about it I get a bit overwhelmed with all the newness I have to figure out.
  5. I missed my beagle and I'm so happy to have my walking buddy/snuggler back.

7 comments:

Summer said...

I think hubby's say stuff to totally confuse us so we will be like o.k. sure LOL....

I heart football too! I think because I cheered all through school it has become my fav sport! Can't wait 'til September either....fall is my favorite season

Awwww how sweet one of your presh students brings you sand and seashells in a bag! If you figure out how to bottle up the beach give me a shout out LOL

xoxo
Summer ;)

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Ok...I vote for Pergo with an area rug. I just spent an evening helping my neighbor bale out her basement -- and she's decided no carpet down there.

We've got Pergo on our main floor and I love it. Easy to take care of.

Love the sand.

One time we took a bottle of lake water home with us (we go up to a cabin on a lake in Northern Minnesota every year) because we were so sad to leave. So I get wanting to bottle it up!

Have a great Monday!

Dorcas said...

That's so cute about your stundent:) Enjoy your summer while it last.

Thanks for sharing your randomness!

~blessings

Dorcas

Anonymous said...

HI,

I came over from Carissa's. What a fun Miscellany Monday :) Thank you for sharing!

I am not a fan of carpet, but that might be because I am allergic to dust.

Have an amazing week,
Kate

Sarah Ann said...

I love when husbands say very opinionated things that we just don't get... :)
And the beach is wonderful. I love living close. I'm glad you had fun on your vacation!!

Kelly said...

Love the beach! Your sunrise pics below are gorgeous :)

Pergo all the way! I am not a carpet fan at all but hubby is. We built our current house 7 years ago and I'm down to hard surface floors in every one of the rooms but the kids' bedrooms. Slowly but surely I'm getting my way ;)

I can't wait for football season either!

Happy Monday!

cait said...

haha, boys are funny. Justin gets frustrated b/c I ask his opinion and then never want to go with his idea. I like the idea of the pergo with rugs to soften things up.

goodness, I would love to go to the beach..and you may have a gold mine if you figure out how people can keep the beach with them.

I stopped by your room today...adorable...love how it feels so "beachy"! I got mine pretty much completed....but goodness, it overwhelms me to think about going back, too!

we gotta figure out a date to take a walk with our two beagle cuties!

Blog Archive