Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life isn't a race

Have ya'll noticed there are times in your life that you seem to be in a race. Like all the time. A race to graduate high school, and college. Then a race to get married, and have a baby. Later, maybe you are racing to retire. And if you go back farther there was the race to your first boyfriend or the chance to drive. You may not have experienced all of these but maybe a couple. I have. I am amazed when I hear myself say "I wish I were back in college" or "life was easier in elementary school". We can spend our lives waiting and racing to the "next thing". 2 years ago we began to race for the next step of having a baby. Two years later I realize that life is not a race. No, we haven't had our baby but we will on God's time. And it will be indescribable. That is when all the best things happen, on God's time. And in the mean time I'm having a great time just being married and enjoying the time with my husband. So, what are you racing to? Stop and think about the good rewarding things in your current stage of life. Enjoy it. There is no need to rush it... It goes by fast enough.

3 comments:

cait said...

Such a great reminder! You are so right about God's timing. When we let go and realize He's in charge, things fall into place so much easier. It's just the letting go I have a hard time with. Left you a little "blog love" on my blog tonight.

Crystal said...

Wonderful post. I can totally relate, mostly in the way that I've watched everyone around be so desperate to move on to the next phase of their life. I really only wanted to hurry up and get married, in all other aspects I couldn't seem to make things slow down even though I wanted to!

I found you through Cait's blog at theblessedlife. Congrats on your award!

Leslie said...

You are so right. I found myself always planning for the next something when I need to be flexible and let God take care of my plans and enjoy everyday to the fullest. Thanks for the reminder! I found you on Kelly's Korner. I will be praying for you and your family.

Blog Archive