Friday, March 26, 2010

Show me your cleaning tips

I think this might have been made for me over at Kelly's Korner . Y'all know how I love my cleaning. And i have lots of tricks and tips. I think I will give you my top 5:



1. Try to spread the cleaning out. If you have 5 free minutes don't just sit there polish something. The other day I was waiting on my friend to pick me up. She is a new mom and I have learned that being a new mom means you may not always be on time (at least she has an excuse- I have none). Anyway she was about 10 minutes late so I was able to start a load of laundry and run the vacuum on the 1st floor- not bad.

2. Candles- candles always make the house feel clean and fresh- I have summer scents, fall scents, and winter scents.

3. Open the windows and let the air in- it makes a huge difference.

4. I've decided that vinegar cures everything- smells, mildew, shower ick- you name it- vinegar cures it.

5. Clean from top to bottom- not bottom to top.

3 comments:

Beth McC. said...

I am with you candles make everything better!

Happy Friday!

cait said...

I love my swiffer duster! I like to have things "picked up", but I don't do well on the actual cleaning part. I'm interested in what you said about the vinegar..I've read and heard about so many great tips on cleaning with vinegar. I'll have to try them! enjoy your weekend!

Claire said...

Vinegar and candles are two of my top tips too! A pleasure to meet you.

Cxx (a fellow teacher in the UK)

Blog Archive