Friday, March 5, 2010

Show me your typical day

It is another "Show Us Your Life" over at Kelly's Korner. Today she is focusing on "What is your typical day like". So... here we go...I might get a bit detailed...my typical school day...



  • 5-5:30 wake up and get ready for work (short workout if I'm lucky, read the Bible)

  • 7:30 school starts

  • 7:30-2:30 Teach. Teach. Teach. Hear my name Mrs.__________ a thousand times. Laugh. Remind myself to breathe... and eat. Pray to God that I make it through the day. Hope that I am getting through to their sweet little heads. Smile. Thank God when I see a kid growing from what I have taught them. Hugs. High fives. Another deep breath as I send them back home. Prepare to start all over again tomorrow.

  • 2:30-5:30 Meetings, tutoring, or prep for tomorrow

  • 4:00-6:00 Home. Yea. walk the dog (if I'm lucky), dinner, workout (if I'm lucky), make dinner. Wednesdays Bible Study. Snuggle with my hubby

  • 9:00-10:00 time for bed. I'm getting old.

My classroom where I spend most of my time August-May.

*Special note: I love my life, and my job, but I am also grateful for the summers (and weekends)- when my schedule is nothing like this and the pool is an almost daily event.

2 comments:

cait said...

I love this. I can completely related, of course...but especially with the sighs of relief and hearing my name a million times during the day. Whew. Can't wait for summertime either!

Jenni said...

Found your blog from Kelly's Korner- I'm a teacher too. I can definitely relate to hearing my name thousands of times a day. I often find myself driving home without listening to the radio just to get some silence!

Blog Archive