Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Antiquing

What a wonderful Saturday. My mom and dad came down and we went to my most favorite antique store- The Crazy Daisy. I had been thinking an Adirondack chair would be nice on the patio, so on a long shot I thought they might have one. Well, we ended up having great luck. I found not one,but two chairs.
If you know anything about antiquing you know there are days where you have great luck and days when you find nothing at all. The chairs are sturdy and definitely worth the $50 a piece they were asking for. As soon as I saw them I knew exactly what I would do with them. I had a vision. They had potential. A little sanding, some blue paint and a couple of outdoor pillows and they would be perfect. Think that Kenny Chesney song "My Old Blue Chair".
We loaded them up as well as a couple other finds (which I'll share later) and went to get the paint. After an hour or so of painting here is the finished project. Not bad for $100. And I would never tell my husband he is right- in fact I outright denied that they have a beach like quality.

1 comment:

cait said...

Oh I love, love, love these! They look amazing with your decor touch! Very nice...looks like they could be on an amazing deck overlooking the ocean! Love that store, too! Maybe we can do a summer shopping trip there one day! goss avenue antiques is another great one!

Blog Archive