Friday, March 12, 2010

Show me your fav charities

It is another "Show Us Your Life" over at Kelly's Korner. Today she is focusing on "your favorite charities". Well if I could I would donate to them all but I will pick one to highlight. It is called The Linus Project. Each year at my class Christmas party the students make fleece blankets for this organization. I love it because this charity works with other organizations and gets blankets to a variety of different children in need (children in hospitals, children who have parents in Iraq, children who have lost their belongings in fires, etc.). The other great thing is anyone can make these blankets (we make the fleece ones, but there are patterns for quilters and crocheters too) and it is a wonderful bonding experience in the mean time. Here is the mission statement form the website:


First, it is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work at a daycare in a town that was destroyed by a tornado 3 years ago. Several of our blankets have Linus tags on them. Thank you!

Lesli said...

LOVE IT! What a great thing to do! The Linus picture reminds me of my little boy, he is always sucking his thumb with his blankie in his hand..lol! Have a great weekend!

Blog Archive