Monday, April 5, 2010

My big week

I mentioned last week that I had a big week ahead of me. So, I'm still here, still standing. If things would have gone horrible that would have been questionable. Tuesday I had my doctor appointment to see how my surgery had gone. The surgery actually went really well. Better than my doctor or we had expected. It is truly amazing for us to have good news here. Thank God! We still aren't finished with our journey, but this is such a positive thing. With the good news we received I was ready for anything on Thursday when I found out what grade and team I would be teaching on next year. Remember, I had no input on this decision (which kills a control freak like me). I sat down for my meeting feeling confident. I had prepared myself for the grade I thought I would be teaching all day. I had a gut feeling I was moving up to 5th grade. I've taught 5th grade before and I've been in 3/4 since I came to my school, so I figured if they wanted to change things around- now was the time. After sitting down and telling my principal what my guess was she confirmed I was right. I will be teaching 5th grade next year. Yikes! Not overly excited about it, but not upset either. Lots of planning lies ahead of me, but I'm teaching with a great friend and I have a chance to get a few students back. Overall not a bad week- and honestly they could have put me in 1st grade and I really wouldn't have cared because of the good news earlier in the week. Now- it's time to enjoy my spring break!

No comments:

Blog Archive