Anthony and I rarely go to the movies. It has to be a movie we just can't wait to see. And most the time we can wait. But since I was on spring break we decided to go see Clash of the Titans. It was a movie he really wanted to see. He had seen the original and so we ventured to the 9:00pm show the other night at our local theater (I know you are already impressed that I stayed up that late right)? Well we had setteled into our seats (always the seats with the bar in front of them to kick up your feet). And guess what? That annoying group of 12 to 13 year old boys decided that right behind us was the perfect place to sit. This is where they felt the need to be loud and annoying. It took Anthony about 10 minutes before he turned around and asked them to be quiet. I'm not sure how much it helped because the 3 boys continued to do the typical pre teen annoying things that typical pre teen boys do. Now, I am usually pretty laid back about these things. I get kids and their need to act like fools when they are in groups- I really do. But... when they started to make fake farting noises I had had it! I wheeled around and in my best teacher voice tsked them "Seriously, y'all need to knock it off". Insert the I mean business look here too. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for standing up to them when one of them made the farting noise again. Now I was not happy. Once again I wheeled around "I'm not playing, cut it out or I'll get someone and you will leave". So out of character for me. Finally, they got the idea. Not a peep was made the rest of the movie. But now I'm concerned... am I the mean old lady that has forgotten what it is like to be young? I've thought about it, I don't think I am, at least I hope not. I could have been nicer, but we had already tried that route. But here is the kicker, as we were leaving the movie I commented to Anthony "I never acted that way, and if our kids act that way I'll kill them, it's just rude". Ok I admit it that is an old lady comment, I'll own it.
*Side note- the movie was really good- once we got past all the farting noises.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(287)
-
▼
April
(28)
- Money Saving Tips
- Hanging in the Mall Parking lot
- Wordless Wednesday
- A relative bad day
- Sunday verse to ponder
- My Week in a nutshell
- How I meet the hubby
- Ahh the Sweet smell
- Wordless Wednesday: It's worth the picture
- Are you a follower?
- That thong th thong thong thong
- What will our kids be like
- Coconut Cupcakes
- Best Teacher Gifts
- Don't take me out to the ballgame
- Wordless Wednesday
- Our recent movie experience
- Breaking out my artsy side
- 35 days
- A new type of house
- The many colors of my hair
- Thumbs up to the Keurig Mini
- Wordless Wednesday
- Prep for 5th grade
- My big week
- Tan in a bottle and baby spit
- Show me your organization
- Here we go
-
▼
April
(28)
1 comment:
haha, no definitely okay, I think. Teacher reaction not "old lady" reaction.
Long story short: This same kinda thing happened to my mom and dad at the movies a while back. A young teen couple were being loud behind them. My dad turned around and said, "Do you mind?" The girl replied with, "Can't you see I'm on the phone?" (in the middle of the movie.) ha!
Seriously...learn some respect.
Post a Comment