Friday, April 2, 2010

Show me your organization

I am writing this on Tuesday night. I am sleepy. It is only Tuesday. It's been a good week. I think the problem is I can smell spring break around the corner and I'm a bit spent. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to expect too much from me tonight. Kelly's Korner is focusing on organization. This is another topic right up my alley. Here we go:
  1. If you have a small space- consider older furniture. The drawers are typically bigger and deeper, allowing more room for all of your stuff.
  2. Consider furniture that has multiple functions. Our coffee table is a trunk that is perfect for the storage of our board games.
  3. Baskets-Baskets-Baskets: i love baskets! I have one, my husband has one- even the dog has one. It is a perfect place for us to organize our own items instead of leaving things like keys and mail just laying around.
  4. Labels are amazing- I have labels for everything... that way if I'm ever not there the hubby can find things.
  5. Under the bathroom sink- it can be a messy place. I have tubs stacked on each other. Each tub has bath products that are similar in nature (lotions, hair products, etc)
  6. Ok- this is a bonus- don't put off your organizing- there is not much more of a tedious task than having to organize a big ole pile of stuff.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I think you have to much time on your hands so you need to come and help me:)
Love,
Mom

cait said...

LOVE baskets, too! We all have our individula baskets in our house, too! I think that's funny. Then we have mutual baskets for other things. TJ Maxx is a great place to find them cheap! Thanks for the tips!

Blog Archive